21 November 2013

Sponsor Post: Kiki | The Way She Weekends

I'm so blessed to know bloggers who encourage me to keep blogging and support Home Says Hello. Here's a look into one of my favorite bloggers, Kiki, and The Way She Weekends.

9

Well, hello there! I'm Kiki and I'm the girl behind the blog, In Its Time. But before I talk more about myself, I just have to say how excited I am to be featured in Christina's The Way We Weekend post. I, for one, am a huge fan of this post series and always look forward to seeing more of Christina's photos to get a peek into her weekend--because who doesn't enjoy being a blog stalker? Or, if you prefer, a blog-reader who lives vicariously through her favorite bloggers. 

But I digress (I do that a lot, by the way). In Its Time is my blog named after Ecclesiastes 3:11 which says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time" (read more about it here). This verse has become my life verse and reminder that all things take time and that He will reveal His plans for me in due time. On my blog you'll find lots of photos, fictional writing, and posts on singleness, faith, and the beautiful PNW where I call home.

Speaking of which, here's a peek into the place where I call home and a glimpse into how I weekend:
01

Now that I'm working, weekends are all about sleeping in. Even if it is until 7:30am. I'll take however many hours I can get.

1

After my morning run on Saturday, I came home to the smell of my mom's delicious warm fluffy pancakes. Topped with a little creamy melted butter and served with a banana blueberry smoothie.

3

After a quick shower, my family and I went out to the best place on the planet: Target. If you're a fellow blogger, you'll know how important Target is to the blogging community!

5

Oh, mint M&M's. I could literally eat these all day. Literally.

6

And what's a weekend without a mirror selfie? That warm cozy sweater is from Target, by the way. Let's just say it made for the perfect wintry outfit paired with tights, a black skirt, and brown leather boots. And yes, the older women at my church seemed to agree, too!

8
7

This past weekend was also spent packing a shoebox for Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child. If you haven't heard of this amazing organization, you have got to check it out. One shoebox is filled with toys, treats, stickers, coloring books, hair brushes, and the like and sent somewhere around the world to a little boy or girl in need of a Christmas gift and word of the love of Jesus Christ.

4

Another part of the way I weekend involves teaching Sunday School. Getting the chance to play, teach, and love on a group of three and four year olds is truly a highlight and delight. I mean, who doesn't like to sing, dance, read, and play dolls with kids?

14

And what's a weekend without a little blog reading and TV watching? Many of my weekends are spent catching up on my current favorite TV shows, Parenthood and The Mindy Project.

11

These fresh greens from the Farmer's Market arrived at our doorstep courtesy of my neighbor. AKA one of the sweetest, funniest, Asian ladies I know.

12

And even though the weather's been chilly, we were fortunate to have another dry weekend. Dry weather means lovely sunsets and sequin flats and hot pink socks to capture the beauty outside.

10

And that, my friends, is how I weekend. 

It may be laid back, but after a long week of work, that's exactly what I want.

Thanks for having me Christina! And for all you Home Says Hello readers, I hope to see you over at In Its Time, too!

  Blog | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. gah = love.
    mint M&Ms, beautiful skies, morning runs, THOSE PANCAKES, target, your lovely face ...all beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved all her photos!! And goodness, the pancakes looked De. Lic. Ous.

      Delete
  2. love this! I love target too girl! And those pancakes sound so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo, I totally thought I commented on here. Blogger must not like me right now or something! :)

    But, I just wanted to thank you again for this sweet post feature! Even though I knew when it was coming, it was still such a sweet surprise to see my name + photo on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips