27 November 2013

Early Christmas Decorating



This morning, I woke up to a sleepy, dusty frost that descended upon our house and yard last night. It's supposed to snow today. In Atlanta. So, I was inspired to share the beginnings of merriment around the house with all of you. 

Last week, I stopped at Lowe's to see if I could find a fake wreath, but I didn't make it very far past the garden center. It was the poinsettia plants that stopped me in my tracks. Their beautiful, bright red leaves couldn't be avoided. And for less than $6 a plant...how. could. I. resist.

Lowe's Poinsettia


Naturally, the closer I got, the more I could make out the fresh smell of Christmas trees, and I was a goner. Beautiful, REAL, and LIVING wreaths with my favorite, juniper berries, were piled high and I couldn't resist. I was picturing this beautiful wreath on my front door, and the cheery, merry smell that comes with it every time I open the door to step inside. 

So I bought it. 

Lowe's Reindeer Christmas Wreath Hanger

And I got a wreath hanger, because I've never had a proper one, and this one had a reindeer on it and I'm a sucker for anything with reindeer.  I think it looks lovely on our beautiful door, don't you?

I'll be honest, I'm feeling rather guilty because I grew up with the tradition of decorating AFTER Thanksgiving, but when you're obsessed with the little things, like the smell of Christmas (you all know exactly what I'm talking about), and when everyone else is decorating early, well, I couldn't help myself.

Lowe's Reindeer Christmas Wreath Hanger

We still don't have a Christmas tree. We're saving that for Friday. We're not huge black Friday people, but buying a tree the day after Thanksgiving? Yes please.  And I'm so eager to decorate.

lowes poinsettia


Do any of you have holiday decorating traditions, such as when you put the tree up or when the lights come down from the attic? Please share! 

Also, any solutions for replacing the ugly poinsettia pot pictured above? I know you're supposed to take the decorative foil off because these plants don't like sitting in water, but I need something a little more cheery than that disposable thing. 



8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your little corner of the internet! I love all these beautiful pictures. I want to start decorating for Christmas now, we still haven't started doing that yet!

    http://haleybrianna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too! The second Thanksgiving was over, I made my husband pull out all the Christmas boxes. Now, I'm quite content with all the decor up. :)

      Delete
  2. um seriously i am IN LOVE with the wreath holder - i have to go buy one - so thank you for sharing!! :)
    beautiful start to decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get one! Seriously, they're not even that expensive. I LOVE ITTTT.

      Delete
  3. i bought my first real tree this year in my own apartment! so excited for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A first real tree is something really special. I remember when Matt and I bought our first real tree together. We were pretty giddy about it! :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, so this might be a little weird to say, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your front door! The wood color, the windows, and now the pretty wreath and wreath holder? So jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The front door is one of our favorite things about the house. We were sad when we realized that our neighborhood isn't necessarily the safest, and it was advised to have some sort of security door in front of it. I didn't want to cover it up!!! But we found a shatterproof glass door that showcases our pretty front door really well.

      Also, if you have a Lowe's, that wreath holder is only $10. GO GET IT.

      Delete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips