20 November 2013

Catching Up | November So Far



Oh goodness, I'm overwhelmed.

I've been quite busy with photo shoots and weddings. One of which I was the matron of honor. My personal online presence has been lacking, but I'm finally back to a steady pace and plan to spend this week editing photographs, catching up on my favorite blogs, and responding to emails. So, if you haven't heard from me in a while, I'm working on it!


In the meantime, here's what I've been up to around the internet and what you can look forward to on Home Says Hello:

Lately, I've...

  • blogged this family session and wrote about the importance of including grandparents in photo sessions
  • posted sneak peaks from last weekend's wedding on my Facebook page
  • been overjoyed with the news that my husband not only found a wonderful professor to research with, but has been asked to start EARLY, meaning he doesn't have to TA next semester AND gets to travel to France. 
  • been planning something sneaky for Matt's birthday this week
  • been trying to catch up on Project Life
  • wanted to find an affordable and (gasp!) fake front door wreath that doesn't look cheap or fake. Any suggestions? 
Looking Forward to...
  • featuring my first sponsor post tomorrow from Kiki at In Its Time
  • catching up on Amy's short story (I've been saving this for a quiet afternoon and a cup of tea because I so much love reading her blog and writing)
  • blogging about my cousin's wedding
  • the holiday photo sessions I have coming up
  • teaching my FIRST photography class to a few church friends
  • attending my FIRST Georgia Tech game with Matt and friends
  • blogging another "collected" post


6 comments:

  1. girl I know what you mean about being overwhelmed and out of touch - I feel that while I've been "posting" I've SUCKED at responding to emails/reading other peoples posts/giving heart felt comments ...life gets busy and that is a GOOD Thing...right? :)
    + uh teaching a photography class FOR THE WIN!
    + and snap! you linked to my story *blushes* thank you! :) i'm posting more of bailey's story tomorrow sooooo wooppeeee haha. ;)
    + can't wait to see kiki's sponsor post!
    + AND UH THE HUSBAND GETS TO GO TO FRANCE?! i'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. - The photography class: it's only for 2 people so far, but I'm excited!
      - heck yes! Now I'm going to wait for tomorrow's post so I can read it all at once on my lunch break tomorrow. :)
      - Kiki's post is SO SO GOOD!
      - Yeah I know, right?! I'm hoping we can save up enough for a plane ticket for moi!

      Delete
  2. Ummm, your photos are GORGEOUS. You need to come photograph me sometime! :) And if/when I get married, you are so going to take the photos for my wedding. Just saying. :)

    And I'm so excited for your husband! Are you traveling to France, too? And I'm also excited for you chance to teach photography! That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I will go to the PNW ANYTIME FOR ANYTHING. Girl, you just pay my airfare and provide me with a place to sleep and I will shoot your future wedding. For free. Matt and I honeymooned in Seattle, and we have weekly meetings on what we can do to get us back to that part of the country, haha.

      Yes, France! He said it was common for students to arrange the dates so they leave a week after their work is done (granted school schedules allow for it), so ideally, I would fly out after his work is finished and then we would spend a week in France together. But again, it all sits upon having the necessary funds haha.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you've been pretty busy. And the photos look great! Hope you have a great day!

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi! Thanks so much for visiting! Yes, it's been a little busy, but I'm glad things are calming down. Life is still busy for the rest of this month and the beginning of December, but I'm happy to not have to leave the state. I think travel makes everything more complicated!

      Thanks for your kind words! I'm looking forward to visiting your blog!

      Delete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips