07 October 2013

The Way We Weekend: October 5, 2013

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

This is the way we weekend
October 5, 2013

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

Chester really loves to run and jump outside in the yard; as a result, he managed to cut part of his paw pad on a stick or something during one of his leaps-and-bounds sessions. We put a little ointment on it and a sock (which doesn't stay on for long) to keep him from licking his wound. He has a vet visit on Tuesday.

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta | gryffindor

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Smyrna | Whittier Mill

Cool mornings, coffee to go, google maps: necessary for a successful photo shoot. We headed out to Smyrna for a family photo session in the morning. Matt was able to get a lot of work done for school, so he had time to assist me that morning. I love it when he's with me on shoots. 

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Smyrna | Whittier Mill

One of my favorites from the session.


The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

Back at home, Matt had to continue studying. He's a professional student. I began the editing process from the morning's shoot, and then proceeded to do nothing with Chester. Matt took a study break and snapped some photos of how I do nothing with Chester while we discussed lunch options.

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta


We ended up going out to bring back food that is entirely horrible for your body. Sometimes, I just crave a hamburger. After lunch, we fell asleep because that's what fast food does to you. Matt did more studying, I attempted to clean the house a bit, and we waited for our friend to arrive so we could head out to Flux, an Atlanta one-night event in October  or art and experimentation.

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta | Flux 2013The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta | Flux 2013

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta | Flux 2013

The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta | Flux 2013


The Way We Weekend | A day in the life | Atlanta | Flux 2013

Atlanta | Flux 2013 | Ion Yamazaki

My favorite part of Flux. A Mundane Affair by Ion Yamazaki. The performance's purpose was to raise awareness about dementia. It was incredibly powerful to me as I've witnessed the gradual dissolve of my own grandmother's mind. Here, the artist paints a memory of words in water on the board; once the memory is complete, he sits at the table as it dissolves. As I stood in the crowd, observing, newcomers attempted to read the fading, dripping memory, distorting the words, misinterpreting the original content. I think the audience interaction is what makes this project complete.



Saturday night ends with Matt studying, again, and me tapping into my inner 80 year old with a game of virtual solitaire. Wow, loving the dog hair on my phone screen. I was exhausted from Flux, but determined to get a bed time photo to finish the documentation of this day. I fell asleep, so Matt took the photo for me.

How did you spend October 5, 2013?

4 comments:

  1. + oh poor buddy - but the sock is just so cute! :)
    + regardless of the relaxing& studying - it sounds like y'all had a fantastic weekend...seriously!
    + that art show, especially the dementia is absolutely amazing. my grandfather (and now grandmother) both struggled with dementia...it's horrible to watch someone slowly loose pieces of their mind. thanks for sharing that - what a great creative and beautiful way to spread art while spreading awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great weekend; however, Matt realized Sunday night that he did three days of homework completely wrong. Seriously, you could have heard a pin drop!

      Dementia is such a difficult thing --- and when you see people going through it for the first time, it's alarming, especially when you don't know the signs to look for...I'm so sorry both your grandparents had to suffer through it; were they able to get the right kind of care? We're kind of going through that with my grandma now.

      Delete
  2. i love those dog photo calendars! we had them at the animal hosp i worked at in college and it was so cute!!
    love the harry potter mug!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom gets the calandar for me every year. It's kind of pathetic that I'm a little lazy when it comes to flipping it every day haha.

      On the Harry Potter tumbler: my husband and I sometimes fight over who gets to use it. We also have a marauders map coffee cup; spats occur over that too. :)

      Delete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips