22 June 2012

The Mystery of it All: Where I've been and What I'm doing

It's officially summer, and I'm looking forward to what the next few months have in store. I can't usually say this about summer, since I grew up in Florida, with the unbearable heat. But when you get married in July, you can't help but say Summer is one of your favorite times of the year.

I hate that I'm so abusive towards this blog. It's followed me and Matthew through our first two years of marriage. It's a part of us. So, rather than promise that I will be updating on a regular basis, I'm going to promise that I'll try.

I'm still blogging over at LeahAndMark for my internship. You should check out my blog there; it's a better documentation of what I've been up to since May. The internship is providing me with so many incredible opportunities. A yoga session on the lawn of a Mansion, a wedding by a lake, and a shoot in the river. This weekend, I'll be photographing a Pakistani wedding for two of the three days the couple will be celebrating as husband and wife. Can. You. Believe. It?! 

 Anyway, back to summer:

I'm finding that I tend to gravitate towards libraries in the summer. There's just something about lazy, hot days and books. It really makes me dizzy with excitement. This summer, I'm submerging myself into the depths of English Mysteries. Have any of you read Kate Morton's stuff? I just finished The Forgotten Garden and I'm now on to The Distant Hours. 


And because I wouldn't be myself without reading more than one book at a time, I've also picked up my first Agatha Christie novel, The Man in the Brown Suit. It's delicious so far.

Basically, my summer consists of photography, British mysteries, tea with cream and sugar, anniversary road trip to the Shenandoah, and more photography. It sounds lovely, doesn't it?

Tell me, lovelies, what are you doing this summer?



2 comments:

  1. Ah, an update! Love when this happens :)
    I still loooove Florida summers, have since forever — they're the best!

    Heading over to check out your newest adventures right after I finish this comment.

    Shenandoah is a dream! Enjoy yourselves! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...Agatha Christie - I love her books! I took a Detective Mystery class in college and hers were by far my favorite we had to read that semester! Sounds like you and Matt are having a blissfully happy summer so far!

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips