22 March 2012

Goodbye, Lady Grey

We've been experiencing a lot of change around here. Change and loss.



We lost our sweet little Emma to cancer last week. What we thought was a back injury turned out to be neuroendocrine tumors that overwhelmed her spine. A couple thousand dollars is what it took to find out no treatment could be administered, and so we had to say goodbye.

Our lives are not the same at all without her. In fact, it was the first extreme hardship Matt and I have had to face together. Losing her has altered our way of living together in marriage. We were putting each other (and Emma) last, slaving away to the work (and school) days. If we knew we'd only have our little Emma for a year, well, we would have done things so much differently.

The days are getting more manageable. It took four days for me to venture out into public and today's the first day I haven't done anything more than tear up (so far).

On top of paying for Matt's school and my school on his teacher's salary and my nearly-non-existant pay, the vet bills put us in a bind. We decided it would be best for me to drop photography school. So now, I'm home, trying to accept the loss of my little companion and figuring out where to go from here.

Quitting school has had a few blessings. I'm revamping my business (now called Photo Says Hello) and wedding inquiries have been flowing in. I have an event this weekend and I'm participating in a workshop next week. It's been a good refocus since oddly enough, photography school actually distracted from my photography business.

So with that, our sweet, sweet little Emma, or our Lady Grey, as we affectionately called her, is in no more pain and that's really the only thing giving us peace of mind.

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweet friend, I am so sorry to hear about your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Matt as you cope. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad to hear of your loss - I know how hard it is & I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your puppy. =( We said goodbye to our family dog almost 2 years ago, and I cried for a whole week! It's so sad to say goodbye to an animal that's like a family member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, so sorry for your loss, its so hard to lose a best friend, they are not just our pets, but so much more, l hope you feel better soon and think about all the memories of your beautiful emma that cant be taken away

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips