02 March 2012

apartments can garden too

My little apartment garden is slowly expanding. I found a big old kitchen pot at an antique shop and I'm using it to grow carrots. The little basket has a strawberry plant, but I plan to move it (along with the other strawberry plant I bought) to a bigger container. And of course, my herbs are still hanging in there. As far as I know, chives sprout flowers and stick up tall...still waiting. I'm so impatient for pretty things.

I still don't see any sprouts for my spinach and annual flowers in the big garden box. According to my calendar, sprouts could have shown up yesterday or today, but with the selfish cloud cover we've been having lately, it may take a few more days.


On the railing, I've got a sweet little mossy saxifrage growing. This little plant is so delightful; I absolutely love it. It's a perennial, so I'm glad I'll get to see it return :)



Inside, I've got a little fern growing on the bookshelf. I think it's so sweet in the watering can, among the books, don't you?


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet little garden! I really love the mossy saxifrage, what a darling little plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fern in the watering can is cute, and I love the other watering can too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my old blog - I'm glad you enjoy the panang curry recipe, it's still one of my favorites :)

    Love your happy little garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing carrots in a kitchen pot - that is so funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips