21 January 2012

DIY Diary: Entry 2 - Tea Tray

I've been on the hunt for a decent sized tray, with sides, to make taking afternoon tea in the living room easier.  I can't tell you how much of a challenge it was to find one that was pretty, reasonably priced, and the right size. In fact, I couldn't find one.

I settled for a white melamine tray at Target, thinking that maybe I could dress it up, but after paying $13 for it, I didn't want to ruin it in case my craftiness didn't pan out.

So, one afternoon, while I was on my way to pick up dog food (so glamorous, I know), I stopped at Salvation Army in a desperate attempt to find a cheaper, better version of the tray of my dreams.

AND I FOUND IT. It was wooden, white, with pretty carved details and only a few scratches here and there. It had legs that fold out. Oh, and it was $3. So, I took that sucker home, used some of the paint we used to stencil our walls and here's the lovely, finished product. Needless to say, I returned the Target tray and couldn't be happier.


6 comments:

  1. This is really cute -- probably much cuter than the Target one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It has a lot more character :)

      Delete
  2. How sweet! And what a gorgeous tea set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a wedding gift from my mother, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and bridal shower hostesses. They all wrote a meaningful message in gold ink on the bottom of the saucers, tea pot and creamer and sugar. I love that it's mismatched. :)

      Delete
  3. I thought I commented on this, but now I see that I didn't! I really love that tray. It is SO perfect with your lovely china cups as well. =) P.S. I nominated you for a blog award and tagged you in a post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much :)

      Delete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips