08 December 2011

Hello, Thanksgiving. Come again soon, please!

This year, I hosted my first Thanksgiving. For those of you intrigued and obsessed with knowing the bird's stats:
19 lbs, unstuffed, cooked to a golden brown beauty in 3.5 hours.

Our good friend, Cassie, came to visit us for Thanksgiving and with the three of us, we managed to pump out homemade cranberry sauce, a turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, squash casserole, corn casserole, squash salad, mashed potatoes, mini mince meat pies, and an apple pie in approximately 5 or 6 hours. We even had time for mini naps before our guests arrived.

We're pretty much pro's at this. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite photo picks from the day. The last image was lovingly and hilariously taken by Cassie :) It's pretty much my favorite.










1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun!!! This was the first year we didn't host, and I have to admit, I missed it! So glad you enjoyed your first big hosting event. That turkey looks beautiful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips