31 May 2011

Two for Tea

Saturday was a bit of perfection. Matt and I started our morning at the farmers market.
Purchases: handmade soap (lemongrass!), potted parsley and begonias, Georgia peaches, dog biscuits for Emma

What started out as a visit to the market turned into an all-day project. Matt and I decided to get working on our patio garden. We came home for lunch and I put the kettle on for tea. Egg sandwiches, lady gray, peaches. Peaceful.

Recently, we've been trying to make tea a daily habit. There's just something about drinking tea from a pretty tea pot that just soothes me. It really brightens up the day!


After lunch, we headed for home depot and bought some potting soil and seeds. We'll be growing Zinnias, Moss Roses, Carrots & Cucumbers.

In the evening, we settled down on the pretty benches in our apartment complex and ate more peaches. I can't tell you the last time Matt and I were able to relax. Together. For an entire day. We really needed the time set apart to enjoy each other, to have fun, to just sit and be. We loved it so much, we're going to do it again this Saturday.

Check back for photos of our patio garden!

4 comments:

  1. Your day sounds wonderful! Hubby and I have recently started the tea tradition too, although...since it's been hot, we've been sipping on sweet iced tea instead ;o) So glad you and Matt were able to enjoy some quality time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me miss summer (I'm not looking forward to going into winter now!). Looking forward to seeing your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a wonderful day. So simple and relaxing. You look like a super model in that picture. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smell of lemongrass! I really like this photo of you. There is something about it that reminds me of when you were a little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips