08 February 2011

Me? Stylish?

So, I'm going through my daily blog reads and low and behold, at one of my favorite blogs, Home Says Hello has been listed as a recipient for the Stylish Blogger Award. Goodness!

Ok, so here's the rules for the award:
  • Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award:
Mikalah at Posy the Porcelain Pig was kind enough to consider me stylish! Goodness knows my mom is raising her eyebrows, haha! Any sense of style, I think, I owe to her. Thanks Mikalah!
  • Share 7 things about yourself:
Ok, so I kind of did this with Roxanne, but I'll try to think of some new things :)




photo by CSE Photography
  1. I love anything with animals on it, but I'm not a fan of animal prints. Except maybe zebra prints on small accessories. I'm currently in love with a set of rings i picked up from H&M. Each ring has an animal head on them...ok, wow, that sounds kinda gruesome, but I love them! You can see the reindeer ring in the photo on my birthday post.
  2. I have a degree in Creative Writing and a minor in Magazine Journalism. In the Fall, I'll start working toward an associates degree in Commercial Photography.
  3. I've been slimed at Universal Studios.
  4. I'm a certified cake decorator (I got my certificate at Michael's a few years ago. I'm so out of practice though! I would love to pick it up again!).
  5. I'm in the process of starting my own business as a wedding photographer. I love the art of wedding photography and I love marriage and all it stands for. It's such a sacred, beautiful thing. Stay in the loop with me on facebook!
  6. My favorite drink at Starbucks is a Toffee Nut Latte
  7. My husband and I love tea -- so much so, that all our tables at the wedding were named after teas.
  •   Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers -- well, I could only come up with 9 and I'm on a time crunch. :) Anyway, these blogs are fun, fresh and belong to great women:
  1. Vacuum in Pearls - The newest blog to my list. So creative and sweet! I love her determination!
  2. The Jam on PB&J - She makes me laugh. She lives in Atlanta, she's pretty much one of my favorite people and we've never even met!
  3. Hi, It's Amanda-Rae - my business partner. We're working on a top secret project we hope to share with the world in a few months.
  4. Simplicities and Serendipities - Pretty! Engaged! Creative! Smart! 
  5. The Atwoods - Young, married, organized and great at planning meals!
  6. Confessions of a Grad School Bride - She's got killer style and a lot on her plate!
  7. Eat to the Beat! - cooking & music, can you go wrong? She's also my cousin and was my maid of honor. We used to pretend we were twins by wearing matching clothes --- we SO pulled the wool over everyone's eyes!
  8. Making it Permanent - We were each other's bridesmaids. We can also read each other's minds.
  9. Trying to Make It - this girl is crazy dedicated to bike riding. Can't say I have that much determination! She's also an artist, photographer, wife and aunt. Basically, she's got it all!
  • Contact all these bloggers and let them know they've been nominated!
Ok, I'm off!

5 comments:

  1. Wow thanks love! This made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, so much to say! 1st, I'm so glad you like my blog! =) You totally made my day. 2nd, that is SO COOL that you know how to decorate cakes! I would love to learn how to do that. 3rd, I also love tea and think it's so fabulous that you named your tables after different teas. Totally wishing I had thought of that! Thanks for participating, have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Christina! Happy Birthday, by the way! I think the rings are quite stylish and it sounds like your husband gave you the perfect day. I'll post this sometime very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Christina! Thank you for nominating me! I am so jealous that you have an H&M in Atlanta. When my friend and I went a year(ish) ago, we spent most of our time there, since it was pouring rain in the middle of winter. Its also where I spent most of my money in Paris, since it was basically the only place I could afford, haha.

    Also, that tea-table thing was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the sweetest thing! Thank you so much for nominating me and for saying such nice things about our blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips