01 February 2011

Day in the Life of a Wife: Meet Jenn!


Meet Jenn. She's our first guest for Day in the Life of a Wife! What I love about Jenn: She has the best sense of humor. I mean, every thing she writes has me laughing (and reading to my husband). Her blog is a must read!




My name is Jenn, and I've been married to Paul for two and a half years (three in May!). I work in the Technical Communications field outside of Atlanta, GA for a corporation specializing in Business Resiliency and Data Centers. I blog at: www.paulandjenn.webs.com...for now. ;)

From Jenn:
A typical workday for me means my alarm goes off at 5:30am. If I'm smart, I take a shower the night before after running...which I had for this particular morning. I got up and brushed my teeth and got dressed. Paul normally tries to get up with me and make coffee and my lunch. He cleaned the kitchen to keep himself awake until I left around 6:00. My commute can be anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how early I leave.





I work in a typical office. In a typical cubicle. I normally eat breakfast at work to save myself time. I worked from 7am-4pm proofreading and formatting, as well as some printing and packaging. Oh, and also, doing whatever I was told. I did bring my knitting project along...but I think I did about one row while I ate lunch at my desk.



I dread heading home everyday. Although I LOVE home (love love love), my drive home is never less than an hour and fifteen minutes. Worse during holiday season. On this particular day I don't remember it being especially long...although it was a Friday, which means a bit heavier traffic.


 


When I got home, I jumped into my running clothes and did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm trying to train for a 5k. After that, I showered, and Paul was home by the time I got out. We made dinner together (reheating our spinach pasta (made with our new pasta maker!) and whipping up some fresh alfredo sauce to go with the chicken Paul grilled). We ate while watching an episode of Lie to Me. We've gotten into the bad habit of eating in front of the tv.


 

After dinner, I did more knitting while Paul tinkered with his Macbook Pro...with Netflix on in the background (I'm telling you, we're over-stimulated). We headed to bed around 10:30, which is our normal weekday bedtime. And also Fridays since I have my Weight Watchers meeting at 6am on Saturdays.


Jenn, I feel like we're twins. We're trying to break our tv + dinner habit. P.S. We are HUGE fans of Lie to Me!


If you'd like to contribute to day in the life of a wife, go here for the submission rules!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, this was a fun post! I LOVE Lie to Me too, so sad though that they ended this season early! =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be obsessed with tihs series. And I love, love, love what you've done with the blog! It's so happy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikalah - Thanks!! We watch too much tv period. Ugh.

    Roxanne - Thank you! I'm still tweaking the design a little bit :) The other look was so dull! Stay tuned! One of my bridesmaids (who got married in November) is submitting her post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun. It's nice to know I'm not the only young woman who spends a ton of time sitting in traffic lol. (I swear all the other drivers are middle aged men in ties!)

    Erm, and yes, stay tuned... as soon as said bridesmaid gets her act together lol.

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips