30 January 2011

Running out of Room


I've been quite the businesswoman lately. Now that I have a few clients lined up for some photo shoots, I've had to get organized. Matt has been so helpful and supportive. I have no idea where I would be without him! I'm notorious for getting numbers all jumbled up, so he's been kind enough to "guide" me and create excel spread sheets of expenses. He's also helped bring me down to earth when I've gotten a little ahead of myself (ex: "Hey!! Can I buy a 27" imac??").

All of this has also confirmed that we need a larger apartment. Matt was using the desk sine he was the one that had important tasks. It was easy for me to float around with my laptop. However, Matt's finding that he needs more table space to spread out his text books and paper and I'm finding out that I need a desk to stay organized. Matt gave up the desk, but now he's using the dining table to do homework. He likes it better, but that doesn't change the fact that we need a bigger apartment.

Reasons we know we're outgrowing our home:
  1. If we have overnight guests, there's no privacy. We have one tiny bathroom and a pull-out couch in the living room. 
  2. Grad student + photographer/writer = need for two desks.
  3. Dog = crate, toys, dog bed, large bag of dog food. She's also under foot. A lot.


The solution will be to find a 2 bedroom apartment. We want to save up to buy a new sofa and put the old pull-out sofa in the 2nd bedroom which can then double as an office/guest room. 

Of course, moving requires money, time and patience. Three things I don't have at the moment.  
However, I do have a strong obsession with apartment hunting. It's really a love/hate relationship if I do say so myself.

P.S. I don't think I ever shared that Roxanne featured me for her quirk project! Go check out the post here! I had a lot of fun doing it. Make sure to send her your quirks!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys do need more space! How exciting that you are getting more clients! Hopefully someday that IMAC will be a reality too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how exciting! Here's hoping for a successful apartment hunt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, apartment hunting?! You can put your skills to use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love apartment hunting! But it's also torture because there's always some sort of let down. We had to accept that a 2 bedroom simply wasn't in the budget. BUT we are moving into a nicer complex with 200+ more square footage than our current place.

    Btw, this is probably my favority part of this post: "Hey!! Can I buy a 27" imac??" Why?
    Me: Sooo... I need an iPad for work.
    Lawrence: Is that so?
    Me: Yes. (insert my incredibly long, prepared list of reasons why it will absolutely recolutionize my life).
    Lawrence: ....
    Me: It's perfect! right?

    Yeah, I'm not getting an iPad any time soon lol.

    ANYWAY, I did my day in the life of a wife! Hopefully I'll get all the pics downloaded and sent to you tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips