04 December 2010

what do peacocks, harry potter and homemaking have in common?

Well, this is embarrassing.

After all that nonsense about blog dedication, I totally blew this blog off. Ok, so no more promises. Just one, hefty, hopeful declaration of determination.

I wish my excuse for not writing since October could be that I'm joining my mother and cousin in a blog project on homemaking, but it hasn't actually started yet. Or maybe that my cousin asked me to blog my pumpkin pie recipe on her new blog, Eat to the Beat....haven't done that yet either.

So, really, what have I been doing since October? So glad you asked :)

photo by Cintia Ally Photography
For one, I hosted a bridal shower with some amazing girls for our friend, Cassie. It turned out to be a smash hit and beautifully peacock themed! It was so much fun getting to see loved ones again, although the weekend went by so fast, we hardly had time to catch up. On the menu, we had peacock colored cupcakes, tea (my mother let us use her china and one of the bridesmaids' parents let us use their silver!), little cracker hor d'oeuvres, cucumber sandwiches, lemon cake, punch out of this world (recipe came from one of my bridal showers!) and scones (baked by one of the bride's friends!)

 Photos of the food, taken by one of the bridesmaids, Cintia Ally:

   

The awesome punch that would not have looked so fantastic if it wasn't in that glorious silver punch bowl:

The fun bride!


Once we got back to Atlanta, in no time, I was throwing another party for Matt. The new Harry Potter movie had just come out and all of our friends (including us) wanted to see it. So, I hosted a Harry Potter dinner party and after we stuffed ourselves on shepherd's pie, roasted vegetables, pumpkin pasties, butterbeer and apple pie, we headed off to see the movie we all had been waiting so impatiently to see! I had so much fun decorating. It turned out I had all the necessary items, such as a candle chandelier and owl candle sticks. It looked like a miniature version of the great hall when I was all finished! 





Here we all our with the candles lit and the food on the table:



Since then, we went home again to Florida for Thanksgiving, picked out our first Christmas tree together and went to Cirque Du Soleil. More photos soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I've been checking your blog and I'm so happy to finally see a new post! Sounds like you've been busy with some really awesome things. I bet you and Matt are disappointed that they opened a Harry Potter theme park after you left FL, but luckily you're still pretty close! I can't wait to go, but I'll probably give it some time for the crowds to die down! So happy you're back :)

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips