10 September 2010

Recipe of the Week: Lemon Ginger Chicken Thighs

This week I attempted a recipe I clipped out of Better Homes and Gardens. Matt and I really couldn't get enough. I served it with a cucumber pear salad I adapted slightly from Betty Crocker's cooking for two. They were both super easy. I'm providing the recipes below.

Image from BHG.Com
Ingredients
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 8 chicken thighs with bone (I just cooked 4 and without the bone...so, don't feel bound)
  • 2 tsp. vegetable oil
  • sliced green onions and lemon wedges (optional --- but so good!)


Directions
  1.  Finely shred peel from lemon and juice lemon. In bowl, combine the lemon peel, ginger, and salt. In another bowl, combine lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, and 2 tbsp. water. 
  2. Rub lemon peel mixture under the skin of the chicken thighs. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chicken, skin side down, in the hot oil. Cook 7 minutes or until well-browned; turn chicken and add lemon juice mixture. Reduce heat; cover and cook 14 to 18 minutes longer or until no pink remains (180 degrees F).
  • Cucumber - Pear Salad

Ingredients

  • 2 tbsp. Hendrickson's Original Sweet Vinegar & Olive Oil dressing
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  •  dash of pepper
  • 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced (I used 2 because we wanted leftovers)
  • 1 cup 3/4 inch pieces pear (any kind of pear is good; I used a red pear)
  •  handful of fresh chopped parsley and green onion (my personal addition)

Directions
  1.  Mix dressing, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
  2. Toss cucumber slices, pear, parsley, green onion and dressing mixture inbowl; chill. Ta da!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this sounds SO good! Jeffrey and I are always looking for new recipes — I definitely want to give this one a try! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good! I was really surprised. I'm probably going to make it again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips