22 September 2010

East Meets West - JapanFest

Last weekend, my mother came up to visit for the weekend and we took her to JapanFest. It's a community festival that presents aspects of the Japanese culture. It's a lot of fun to experience these kinds of things with Matt. I'm part Japanese and I love watching him want to learn more about the culture that's a part of me. I saw him at one of the travel booths, collecting a bunch of tour guides and maps on Okinawa. Anniversary trip, perhaps?? We watched a sumo wrestling match, listened to taiko drumming, and saw some traditional Japanese folk dancing, all the while snacking on traditional Japanese food.




It was a great festival to break up the craziness of getting used to a 9-5 corporate job. It's definitely something I have to get used to and it's making going back to school next year more and more appealing.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! It's great that your mom was able to visit. What a fun anniversary trip it'd be for you guys to go to Okinawa! XO.

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips