30 August 2010

Decisions, decisions

We've been busy, busy, busy since Wednesday and I purposely decided not to blog on weekends, so I apologize for the lack of updates. Matt and I made some pretty hefty decisions last week. He found a professor to research with at GaTech and has decided to stay there through his PhD. I also decided to enroll in a photography program next fall. Since high school, I've always been passionate about the subject, but was always limited as I never had anything more than a point and shoot. Now that I have a better camera, I can start practicing and studying before I enroll. Plus, I'm super excited to be going back to school. I've missed notebooks and folders and book bags!

In the meantime, I'll be practicing my photo techniques and looking for work. I had an interview today and it's looking more likely that another one will be popping up later in the week!

For now, I leave you with little teasers of our apartment home life.  You'll get to meet our little gerbil friends (who actually survived the 7 hour drive from Florida to come live in this new city with us).

Meet Toby Jr. He's our second favorite (First is Reepicheep, but he wasn't feeling photogenic today).
Toby Jr. and his uncle, Lucifer, but we call him Lucy for short.
Lucy, the Angel of Light...so innocent and precious, right? NO. He bit a hole THROUGH my finger. In his defense, I did try to stick him in a cage with another male gerbil. They started to fight and like a doofus, I tried to "break it up." He's perfectly content with humans, but I've been scarred. For life.
My darling husband. 

Us, being silly.

This is where we eat! Although the desk in the background is cluttered, our little study/office area looks so cozy. I can't wait to add shelf ledges above the desk!

2 comments:

  1. Your gerbils are so cute! I don't think we could keep small rodents, what with the two cats and all.

    Oh, I gave you an award over at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I can't wait to see all you learn in your photography class. And from what I can see, that study space does look pretty cozy. Oh, and school supplies are like the greatest, right?! xo

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips