28 June 2010

Three weeks till I Do!

Someone asked me when my shower was going to be. I just about choked when I realized it's NEXT weekend.

Next weekend.

I've become so used to just saying things like "We're moving in a month" or "100 days until the wedding." Everything's been so far in the distance as if it wasn't really happening.

Now we're in the thick of it. I feel like I'm campaigning or something, like there's an opponent to beat because if we don't get it done, we're going to lose a house or something really big and really expensive.

Turns out, that's not the case, but being a writing major does mean I've been trained to respond to last minute details and deadlines. When it comes down to crunch time, I snap it together and make sure all my ducks are in a row.

Editing is my favorite thing to do, so I'm ready with my verbal red pen, nixing new ideas, cutting down on lofty ones and refining the ones we're going through with.

The timeline's are written, the music is almost completely selected, the bridal party itineraries are near completion, the programs and menus designed, the cake finally knows what it's wearing to the reception and everyone's got their outfits picked out.

Funny how I still have no jewlery and Matt has no shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips