28 April 2010

Practicing Self-Restraint

So, one of my bridesmaids (who is also planning her wedding) and I really want bride-to-be shirts. We considered making our own to wear when we get our hair, ect done for the big day. I used to think these things were tacky/strange, but lately, I've started coming around to the thought that although they're silly, they're fun, and I need more silly in my life, especially with all the stresses of wedding-planning zapping my energy.

Last Saturday, we brainstormed some ideas and came up with the idea of making silly shirts that said: Broke Bride-to-Be and then, we discovered this:
sold by Etsy Seller MichaelAngela

The cost of these sweet little sweaters definitely contradicts our "broke bride-to-be" mantra. Of course, now we can't think of having anything BUT these hoodies, which lead us to our next realization: Etsy.com will be the end of us.

As of now, I'm not willing to spend the money on something like this, but that might change. I might break, or worse, my bridesmaid will break and convince me that buying that hoodie will be the best decision I ever made regarding purchases. 

We live such a hard life, don't we?

Have any of you brides-to-be out there fallen victim to a ridiculous "MUST HAVE" wedding item?

1 comment:

  1. First of all, thank you for following my blog! You seriously made my day :)

    In addition to the "just married" flip flops, I also bought a pair of "blushing bride" silk panties (sorry if this is TMI). They were seriously the most comfortable pair of underwear I've ever worn, but now I feel silly wearing them since I've been married a year. So I hear you on the "must have" wedding stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips