08 April 2010

Bridal Party Profile: Bridesmaid

This is one of my bridesmaids. Doesn't she look fun? When this photo was taken, she didn't think she'd ACTUALLY be working in that coffee shop. So now, she's a kick-butt barista, a church secretary, and a bride-to-be who is marrying one of Matt's groomsmen. How picture perfect is that?


With a psychology degree, she offers up good advice. We've been friends for over five years now and she's known Matt since he was reeeeeally short as opposed to just short (middle school days). She's also the reason why he freaks out when people tug on his shirt sleeve. Again, psychology degree; she knows how to mess with your mind!


When we're not sharing our emotional breakdowns with each other, or being the only people our age who delight over rhubarb pie, she makes a great bridesmaid that holds down the homefront while my Maid of Honor does her duties from Virginia.


In a nutshell, she's the Ethel to my Lucy. She gets to be Ethel because she's five months older than me. We give birth to strange schemes and nearly always fail at carrying them through, but I guess that's what makes friendship fun, right?

2 comments:

  1. For some reason your comment didn't post (even though I read it and approved it), but you're right, the Palmettos are unmistakable. I love Florida for reasons like that! I just had rhubarb in a smoothie for the first time today and I loved it! I love these bridesmaids posts. They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, very sweet! I miss being a barista, she's probably having a heck of a time working there!

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips