02 March 2010

Details

I'm going to be honest. Wedding planning overwhelms me. It's very easy for me to become desensitized to centerpieces, invitations, dresses and guest lists. In fact, I'd be so happy to just skip the wedding part and move right on to the marriage; you know, the thing that really matters?

But for now, we've committed to this wedding and I guess, what I'm also saying is, my head hurts with all these detailed decisions. We're meeting with the caterer again next week to discuss table cloths and chair covers. I'm nervous about this meeting because I don't like chair covers. The most affordable ones make the room look like it's filled with giant marshmallows. And we can't leave them uncovered because the blue of the chairs in our venue doesn't match the blue we're using for the wedding. Can you see how this all sounds so trivial?

We'll probably end up leaving the chairs uncovered. I mean, who will really see them if they're holding people?

The good news about all of this is that the food will be amazing and no one will be looking at the chairs because their tummies will be so blissfully content! Look at these samples we tried a few months back:
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never saw this. The food looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Say Hello!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips